* Trainings are conducted on a regular basis for teachers.
* This helps the teachers in the art of expressing themselves more effectively.
* Regular trainings keep teachers current knowledge in pedagogical trends and reinforce what works.
*It is also important for effective teaching and class management.
* Various value based workshops are conducted for the students which aims at fostering students positive values and attitudes through the learning and teaching of various Key Learning Areas
* Teaching values in school helps students learn and practice healthy attitudes and behavior, such as respect, honesty and kindness. Teachers reinforce these attitudes by modeling them for their students and encouraging students to behave in the same way.
* The purpose of value education is the development of the personality of the student. The full development of children’s personality in its physical, mental, emotional and spiritual aspects.
* It creates a strong learning environment that enhances academic achievement and develops students’ social and relationship skills that last throughout their lives. The positive learning environment is achieved through the positive values modeled by staff throughout the school.
* At Horizon Academy (ICSE) we not only train the young minds but also develop a responsible citizen
In learning you will teach, and in teaching you will learn.”*
Holding on to this thought we had a training session with our in-house Counsellor _Richa Pekhale._ Where she emphasized on how self work leads to set a best example for oneself as well as for students.With this very intention to be the best version of ourselves and for students as well, we all took a little step working upon Self Development
Study smarter, not harder! Understanding the need of the hour we here at Horizon Academy ICSE took a little escape from a typical classroom to engage our Grade X students in this riveting 2 day session. The “Maitri P ariksheshi” workshop not only helped students learn the skills but also how to implement them. By actively developing study skills and learning strategies one will keep his/her motivation high and achieve their goals more easily and efficiently.
All who have accomplished great things had a great aim, kept their gaze high, which once seemed impossible.” With this very intention we conducted a inhouse session for our grade XI They experienced the process of goal setting with discovering their ambitions and what they are aiming for today and the future. Session was conducted by our In house Counsellor.
I AM WORTHY* with this call for acclamation we here at Horizon Academy conducted a session named “Conversation about ME” for our grade 10 Girls. Self-esteem is an individual’s subjective evaluation of their own worth. Self-esteem encompasses beliefs about oneself as well as emotional state of one’s triumph, despair, pride, and shame. It is important for youth to be well aware of one self. The session was a great initiative by our in-house Counsellor.
Horizon Academy (ICSE) conducted Self defense workshop for the girls of Grade VIII by the Judo Coach-Anita Nikam.”Denial won’t get you far into defending yourself when the need arises”. Considering the need of self Defense we at Horizon Academy trained our girls to face the world fearlessly. Though it’s just the first step towards a safe space we intend to educate our girls further with physical and mental preparation for any situation that arises.
To address the concern of parents we, Horizon Academy hosted a webinar on 7th Nov 2020 on our FB page by cyber consultant Tanmay Dixit. This Pandemic brought in various changes and situation in which we were together and it was this situation where we introduced our children to the world of online learning. It is definitely a complete new and fun experience but it also concerns us about their screen timing and the gadget control understanding.